Back to school means back to work and by work, I mean back to the focus and seriousness of committing to a healthy lifestyle. While summer often brings with it an attitude of relaxation and imbibing in things you wouldn’t usually- a few more desserts, a few more drinks- back to school time brings with it routine, buckling down and getting back on track.
In our upcoming blogs, you will find a series on what it means to adopt “nutrition” as a path to take control and improve your health. I work with doctors who want their patients to do as much as they can to improve their health and stay healthy on their own.
Health coaches and nutritional counselors, like myself, serve the purpose of being an extension of the doctor because busy doctors don’t have the time to educate and actively support patients in their efforts to learn about how to achieve the healthiest incarnation of themselves.
So as your children go back to school, considered taking yourself back to school by following this blog and learning about how nutrition can minimize or reverse conditions like inflammation, digestive problems, food allergies, mood disorders, hormones, menopause, thyroid problems, blood sugar issues, sleep disorders, allergies, heart and circulatory health, cellular health, fatigue, aging and many more health issues that we don’t have space to name.
It’s going to be a busy and exciting fall, with blogs, social media tweets, book clubs, Facebook groups, webinars, challenges and much more so get ready to re-commit to achieving your best health ever!
Two tips I will leave you with to get started are as follows:
1. Go out and purchase a Fitbit or Jawbone or some device to track your movement, sleep, mood, and food. If you get a Jawbone, you can join my team- just search for ceelejandro and add me to your team.
2. Start reading Grain Brain by David Perlmutter and join in the discussion on our private Facebook page. Just “friend” me on Facebook at Christine Alejandro if you are not all ready a friend or private message me and tell me you want to be added to our book club!
Tell me in the comments section of this blog how the back to school time motivates you to get back on track with your health and fitness and what topics you would like to see addressed that would be most helpful to you!
- Anti-Inflammatory: Foods to Avoid to Decrease Inflammation - September 24, 2016
- Nutrition & Breast Health - June 1, 2016
- Secret Treatment of the Month for Arthritis - April 26, 2016
- Is Food A Drug? - April 8, 2016
- How To Achieve Total Health - March 4, 2016
- How Much Pain Is In Your Body? - February 11, 2016
- Need To Detox? - January 12, 2016
- Brain Health - October 29, 2015
- Adrenal Health - October 18, 2015
- Cancer & Nutrition Strategy - October 2, 2015